Subject: Re: [Leica] TRIPOD: you recommend it- I buy it.
From: "Joseph Codispoti" <joecodi@clearsightusa.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 21:21:20 -0800

> There's a strong statement.  I use the Gitzo 1228 with Arca B1 with
> a Hasselblad (my longest lens is a 150mm), and I like it.  If it's too
> light for the Hasselblad, the Hasselblad may have to go.   :-)
>
> - Phong

To each his own. I believe in rigidity.
A Hassy with waist-level finder and 80mm might do. With a prism finder and a
250 or bellows plus lens is pushing it (for me, at least).
I have several tripods and agree that the 1228 is a nice tripod for hiking.
I use it to put in a suitcase for travel and for 35mm work. I use a Studex
for larger than 35mm work outdoors and in studio.
I have the B1 also and am very satisfied.
Joe

Replies: Reply from "eric" <leica_korenman@hotmail.com> (Re: [Leica] TRIPOD: you recommend it- I buy it.)
Reply from "Robert VanLane" <robert@actv.ne.jp> (Re: [Leica] TRIPOD: you recommend it- I buy it.)