Subject: Re: [Leica] Helping Hands
From: "Jim McIntyre" <mcintyre@ca.inter.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 22:13:51 -0500

Tina,

I loved your images. My father, who is almost 80 and legally blind,
volunteers as a visitor at several hospitals for the terminally ill. Seeing
the sensitivity of you photos has given me a little more initiative to go
along with him for a day to document what he does. But I admit, I have a
little trepidation at this. I always feel that I might be intruding on, even
violating, privacy. I've flipped through Ted Grant's book in Chapters (Sorry
Ted, as much as I'd really like to buy it, I can't afford it right now!).
I'm amazed at the seeming invisibility of the photographer in the photos,
compared to the feeling I get sometimes when pointing the camera. I feel
like those old-time amateur super 8 filmers with the giant flood-lights (and
no, I'm not using flash). How do you put yourself in that invisible,
non-intruding mode?

Thanks for posting these...they're wonderful and inspiring on many levels.

jm