Subject: RE: [Leica] Steve Gandy's update on the digital bessa
From: Phong <phong@doan-ltd.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 11:45:31 -0500

dante@umich.edu wrote:
> I love people who don't do math.  A microdrive costs 1/4 of what
> an equivalent
> CF card costs.  CFs in turn are cheaper than SD.  Mb per Mb, SD
> is about twice
> as expensive as microdrives and about 1.3x as expensive as CF cards.

Before you do the math, you got to check the prices :-)
1 Gig microdrive costs about $200.   1 Gig CF cards
don't cost anywhere near $800.

My preference for CF cards (and microdrives) has nothing
to do with price.  That's what I have now, and would prefer
to be able to use it on the Epson-Cosina camera.

BTW, the way you worded a previous post makes it sound like you
were ironic (that's how I took it), or you mistyped.

> They like SD because it is a lot more expensive on a Mb per Mb basis
> than microdrives or CF.

- - Phong

So, it's Saturday night, and a student was buying beer and munchies for
a frat party at a convenient store near the BU bridge (between Harvard and
MIT) in Cambridge, and not wanting to wait in the long line, went to the
Express line for 6 items or less, even with 2 arms full of stuff.  The
check-out woman gave him a dirty look and said: "Is is because you go to
MIT and don't know how to read, or because you go to Harvard, and don't
know how to count ?".  He slapped a $50 bill in her hand, , said: " I am
at BU, and we dont' read or count.  We PAAARTYYYYY !" and walked
out the door.
:-)   <---  leading smiley  :-)