Subject: RE: [Leica] Steve Gandy's update on the digital bessa
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 10:08:37 -0500

And a red dot...
Frankly - assuming that the image quality of the RD is as good or better
than the D2 - and we DO NOT KNOW that yet - the answer to the question
is very indicative of the seriousness of one's photographic efforts. One
camera allows the use of 'real' Leica glass and of Cosina lenses that
are the equal of all but the latest such glass, allows real rangefinder
viewing, has reduced battery dependence, has a larger CCD, has higher
available iso. The other is a grossly overpriced point and shoot - with
a red dot.

Again, we know NOTHING about the image quality produced by the CosEpson
- - nor do we really know anything about build quality. So any comparisons
at this point are based only on specs.

B. D.