Subject: [Leica] Conversion?
From: Marc James Small <msmall@infionline.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 19:50:05 -0500

I am on good terms with a Deputy Sheriff who staffs the local court system.
 Some years back, I saw him at a public event using digital gear and
learned that he was a semi-professional photographer, especially handling
weddings.  He has been bugging me to let him try out a Leica, so I took a
kit by last week for him to use:  a late M3 DS, a 2/5cm Summicron NF with
goggles, a 1.4/35 Summilux (snon-ASPH, non-Asph), and a collapsible 4/9cm
Elmar with polarizing filter.

He is ecstatic about the camera.  I doubt that he will quit using digital
for his wedding shoots, as this is so damned simple for him.  But I might
have steered him back to real photography as an art form.

We'll see.

Marc

msmall@infionline.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!