Subject: RE: [Leica] OT: need help on ebay
From: Tim Atherton <timatherton@theedge.ca>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 09:52:45 -0700

> I've also sold a few things that buyers say never arrived. In those
> cases I've always issued a full refund - better to loose a bit of cash
> than pick up negative feedback.

And sometimes shipping is just - darned.... slow.

I sold an item to a guy in France - sent (supposedly) Air Mail late
November. I assumed it had got there as I never heard back from him. About
three weeks ago he emailed to say it's hadn't arrived. I started some
research (hah) through Canada Post. First, even though it was covered in
airmail stickers, they had somehow sent it surface. But even surface, it
should have been four to six weeks max. So they eventually sent me a claim
form for the insurance.

I was just going to refund the buyer in the meantime and darned if I don't
get an (overjoyed) email form the buyer - It just turned up! It only took
about 14 weeks...

tim