Subject: Re: [Leica] Domke F803
From: Nathan Wajsman <n.wajsman@chello.nl>
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2004 18:27:32 +0100

Hi Frank,

The Domke bags are simply the best for Leica M. I have a J803 (I think
that is the designation). It is the same size as the F803, but it has a
large external pocket for papers and another large internal pocket.
Otherwise, the interior dimensions are the same. In my 803, I carry the
following:

- - one M6 body
- - one M7 body
- - one Bessa R2 body
(two of the three bodies with a lens mounted)
- - two additional lenses, joined by a homemade lens coupler

So, the main compartment contains 3 rangefinder bodies and 4 lenses.

In the large interior pocket I have a filter pouch with 6 filters.

In one of the two external front pockets I can carry 10-12 rolls of
film. In the other front pocket I carry an SF20 flash and some spare
batteries etc. The large rear external pocket usually contains the
latest issue of The Economist magazine.

As you can see, you can fit quite a lot into this bag. In addition, it
is extremely functional. I can flip the flap open and have a camera in
my hand in 2 seconds.

While the Domke bags are not waterproof, I have been in some heavy rain
with mine and the contents were kept dry.

So, I am a big fan of Domke. I heard last year that the company was in
financial difficulties and supplies had dried up, so when Rich Pinto
advertised his last J803 in stock, I bought it just to have one in
reserve if the current one wears out. But they are sturdy, so I do not
expect to have to take the spare out of its plastic bag for some
years...

If you find an 803 somewhere, buy it, you will not regret it.

Nathan