Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Ambient light + Strobe metering question
From: "eric" <leica_korenman@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 19:35:33 -0500

> If you want the flash to dominate, then set your flash to 5.6.  With a
> shutter speed of 1/125, you'll get 1:1 between ambient and flash, and
you'll
> be a stop overexposed.  Change your shutter speed to 1/500, and you'll
have
> just the opposite of above.  Flash will be at a normal exposure, and
ambient
> will be a fill light.

Thats what I don't get! - I can't just set my flash to 5.6!
I have a monolight that lets me adjust power.
How do I figure out what "f 5.6" using my incident flash meter in an ambient
lit setting?

> When you're talking about metering, how are you metering?  With a hand
held,
> incident flash meter?  In that case, you don't have to worry about the
> ambinet light.  Without a flash meter, use the flash number and a tape
> measure.

I am using an incident flash meter - it measure the ambient PLUS the flash.
At least that what the manual indicates.

Eric

Replies: Reply from "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com> ([Leica] Re: Ambient light + Strobe metering question)
Message from "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com> ([Leica] Re: Ambient light + Strobe metering question)