Subject: [Leica] Locked Up R8 follow-up
From: "Aram Langhans" <langhans@compwrx.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 12:59:44 -0800

While I got lots of things to try none seemed to work.  So it is off to
the repair shop.  I have two options.  Leica Germany said they would
repair it free of charge under the International Warranty if there were
no impacts, and there are none.  I also have the Mack Camaera warranty
that came with the camera.

Question.  Which option would be better?  Mack is in the USA, but I
suspect since there are not a whole lot of R8's in the world that have
been repaired by them they might not be that familiar with this camear
and getting parts could be a problem if the electronics need to be
replaced.
Leica in Germany indeed has the famailiarity, but how is their service
and speed?  Might I be w/o the camera for 2 or more months?

And experience with either of these that you want to pass on, I would
appreciate.

Thanks
Aram