Subject: [Leica] Leica Slide Viewer
From: Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 16:31:41 -0800

LUGers

I saw the most fascinating Leica item ever today.  It was a Leitz Desk
Slide Viewer.  It looked like an expensive item that one would see in
a doctors office.  Off-white with a HUGE lens!  I ran some of my old
slides thru it and was astounded.  One looks at the slides with both
eyes open, so it looks almost 3 dimensional.  I remember seeing it
advertised many years ago, but it was two expensive for me then.  I
would
love to have it, but the owner did not know the price.  Do any of you?

I asked about one on the Photo Net a few years ago, but got nothing
but snotty answers.  I saw one on eBay, also, but I did not see the
price
it went for at the end.

What is one worth now?

Jerry