Subject: Re: [Leica] Traveling the world, just me and my camera
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 14:48:23 -0800

Kyle Cassidy replied to:
Subject: [Leica] Traveling the world, just me and my camera

here's Kyles response.

> Yeah, sadly a lot of people think that's a recipie for good photos.... You
> should say he travels the world with a camera and his brain. I doubt the
M6
> has nearly as much to do with it as the plane ticket and the head on the
> shoulders.<<<<<<<,

Kyle, absolutely!!!!!!!!

There are too many people who think all you need is a Leica, film, running
shoes and a foreign country and you'll become the next HCB or Marc Riboud,
and that's absolute nonsense.

It has far more to do with what's between the ears than the equipment. Often
we see pictures taken with a "Leica camera" and the presentation of the
images make it sound like they're right out of  "best pictures ever taken
book."

When in fact they're crap because using a Leica doesn't ensure every picture
is great, nor as sure as all get out, make the photographer the "world's
greatest" because the exposure was made with a Leica! Unfortunately some
folks believe a Leica makes every exposure brilliant! :-(

We who use them learned that lesson a long time ago as we threw roll after
roll into file 13! :-)

ted

Replies: Reply from Jack Baty <jbaty@fusionary.com> (Re: [Leica] Traveling the world, just me and my camera)