Subject: Re: [Leica] Digital Printing and Ted Selling Leica
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 21:33:22 -0800

kim asked:

>   $120 for INK?  how many prints is one getting 'fore the well runs dry?
> This isn't a pro or anti-digital rap at all, I'm actually curious about
cost
> breakdown on printing.   enlarging paper vs. decent inkjet paper,
chemicals vs.
> inks?   cost per 8x10 .....<<<<<

Hi Kim,
On an earlier post you'll see this kind of breakdown of cost / profit has
never been one of my things, so sorry I can't tell you. And quite frankly
it's been a major failing on my part of business operation.

It's like buying new M7's, "I want them just order them and get on with it."
"Oh but you can't quite afford them right now and do you really need three
of them?"  "Don't worry about afford it'll work out some place and yes I
need three."  "Why?"  "Because!"

So you see, giving you any idea of cost break down for an 8X10 is totally
impossible because I don't know where to start nor how. Hey I'm the first to
admit I'm not the best educated person in the world. But I do now how take
pictures and that's always counted, not the paper work.
ted