Subject: Re: [Leica] Archival Transparency Films? Negative Films?
From: sam <sam@osheaven.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 23:12:26 -0500

It's a great image. If you crop the left side to the big guy's back, you
  have a classical juxtaposition of people in the composition. There is
also a very fortunate dark, light, dark, light in the clothing: dark
blue, white, red, white, dark gray. Look at the hands of the group to
the left. Wonderful. Also, the two people facing the viewer, apart from
both being in white and acting as accents, both have their eyes cast
down. As you noted the when you first mentioned the image, the colors
are rich and beautiful.

It's the kind of picture that the more you look, the more you find. The
juxtaposition of subjects reminds me of the parlor paintings of Renoir.

Really nice.

Sam S