Subject: Re: [Leica] Archival Transparency Films? Negative Films?
From: Elaine -HFB- Ashton <elaine@chaos.wustl.edu>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 19:02:18 -0600

Martin Krieger [krieger@usc.edu] quoth:
*>Does anyone know of the best current information on the archival qualities
*>of films?
*>
*>I know that Kodachrome is longest lasting, in the dark. But what about the
*>current Ektachromes and Fujichromes. Also, what about the current negative
*>films? NPS is supposed to be very good. There is now outdated information in
*>the Wilhelm book, and I have an article from Popular Photography, 1999. But
*>films have changed, I believe. And by archival, I do mean in a university
*>library, cool and dark.

Well, I don't know if it's the best, but I read the "The  Permanence and
Care of Color Photographs: Traditional and  Digital Color Prints, Color
Negatives, Slides, and Motion Pictures" at http://www.wilhelm-research.com/
The pdf is pretty huge, around 75mb, but it goes into great detail on just
what you're looking for.

e.