Subject: RE: [Leica] Digital Printing and Ted Selling Leica
From: Tim Atherton <timatherton@theedge.ca>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 17:26:13 -0700

> And large ink well replacements over $120.00 each. So at that
> price the ink
> wells better be humongous!

Ted - I think they are basically the same as on the 76/9600 and come in two
sizes - big and extra big.

BTW - be warned the 4000 has a big footprint - it may only print 3" wider
than the 2200 but it's about three times as large... hope you've cleared out
the basement!

The big thing for me on the 4000 will be the price of the Imageprint RIP -
it's extortionately priced for the 76/9600 and highly overpriced for the
2200 - but it lets you print lovely neutral B&W with the regular inks (as
well as give excellent colour prints). I'm waiting to see if they go with
the extortionate or merely RIPoff price for the 4000

tim