Subject: Re: [Leica] San Francisco Bimba needs Photo Store fix
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard-lists@imagecraft.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 13:04:38 -0800

At 07:50 AM 2/28/2004 -0800, Brian Reid wrote:
>Keeble and Shuchat has two stores across the street from each other; one
>has regular stuff, and the other has professional and digital.

Brian, they re-org (the stores, not their personnels) recently. All film
stuff is now at the "regular" store and all digital are now at the ex-PRO
store. Basically, meaning that the digital stuff is exploding. I got to
play with a digilux-2 a wee bit on Friday. It is sort of weird. I can get
used to the EVF and manual focusing, but I bet the autofocus will be used a
lot more frequent. It is just not a real RF. I do like the manual controls
a lot though. The only autofocus camera I have ever gotten was the Pentax
ZX-5, and it is precisely because the aperture/shutter controls make so
much more sense than the other wonderbricks. The Digilux-2 is just like
that. Of course it is still 2-3X as expensive as the other digicam at the
same or less resolution and even more expensive than the following DSLR
with a good zoom: Sigmas, the Drebel, the D70, the Pentax D*ist...

use richard@imagecraft.com)

Message from "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net> ([Leica] San Francisco Bimba needs Photo Store fix)