Subject: RE: [Leica] A Grudging Concession to Digital, Made With Regret
From: "Phong" <phong@doan-ltd.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 08:26:07 -0500

Hello simon,

If you like to do many things at once, why not learn
and print quad tone, and traditional at once,
and also print both, at the same time ?   :-)

Kidding aside, B.D. is right in that the two are very
different;  it is much a matter of personal taste.
If I have a lot of time (which I don't) and patience
(at least I can work on that), I probably prefer to
make traditional prints, because there is already a vast
culture of B&W prints with all the experience, techniques,
tradition, that has developed a language with all the
subtleties of its own.  Even more importantly, I know
I react differently at the emotional level.

- - Phong

animal