Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: It's so easy..
From: sam <sam@osheaven.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 19:29:03 -0500

Looking through the latest Calumet catalog, I noticed that "baryta" ink
jet paper is selling for only a few dollars less then conventional
baryta-coated photosensitive papers. Talk about marking hype! Take the
same paper, leave off the photosensitive material and the manufacturing
costs involved with sensitizing the paper, and sell it for about the
same price. Duh!

OT portion of message:

Which brings me to the meandering of the the digital "I can shoot all
day for free if I shoot digital" crowd. Film is a small part of the cost
of print making. Don't you people ever print out anything? Or is there
anything worth printing when you shoot with dollar signs obscuring your
eyes? Or haven't you noticed that a nice jet ink print printed on good
paper with obscenely expensive inks (a recent magazine estimated the
cost of Epson inks at $99.00 a pound) cost more than a conventional print?

Sam S