Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: It's so easy..
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 14:27:54 -0800

Tina Manley said:

> Have you tried the quad-black inks by Piezography?  They make fantastic
> prints with almost any Epson.  I'm also using the Epson 2200 with
> PhotoKit's filters to print sepia-toned prints with the regular Epson
> inks.  The light-room prints are better than any darkroom print I could
> make after 25 years of working in the darkroom - and I don't have to
> breathe toxic fumes in the dark!<<<<<<

Hi Tina,
Well I never thought the day would come, but I suppose I could say I'll
never make a wet print again. I mean our colour 13X19's are incredible and I
know improvements will occur yet as I'm a neophyte at PS and controlling
printer output. But at the moment I'm making prints with everything on the
neg full range tonal quality, it's amazing. And with prints way beyond what
I could pull off the neg in wet tray printing after 50 years printing
experience.

I recall a few years ago at the Leica Seminar I saw for the first time some
of your light-room prints and was amazed. It's hard to believe they weren't
made in the darkroom. Then later, I saw some of B. D.'s B&W's and once again
blown away with the quality.

Today we knock off 13X19's or whatever smaller size required and it's just a
click here and a click there. Even better, they come out time after time in
equal quality.

Put aside film for the moment and one can appreciate even more so the
amazing quality and speed in producing prints from a digital camera.
Printing's become a no fuss, no muss click and quick print quality beyond
wet processing ever imagined in the past.

Yep I'm firmly hooked on light-room printing and becoming more so by digital
camera use to the extent that, after the Leica Seminar in October I'll be
making a major sale of Leica equipment not required any longer.

ted