Subject: Re: [Leica] Scanning B&W with Nikon Coolscan 4000
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 16:25:15 -0500

At 10:23 AM 2/25/2004 +0100, you wrote:
>I didn,t know you have to focus the thing it,s set on autofocus here!
>Does this make a difference?!?>
>phew
>simon jessurun

Yes!  Do the autofocus and then look at the number by Manual Focus
Adjustment in the Tool Palette.  Now hold down the Control key and click on
the box that looks like a window screen (middle button, top row) on the
scanning window.  That will give you a cross-hair pointer that you can put
wherever you want on the photo.  I usually choose the eyes.  Click on that
point and then look at the number again.  If it has changed, your film is
not perfectly flat and there is a difference in the focus.  The automatic
focus is more of an average than a precise focus.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl> (Re: [Leica] Scanning B&W with Nikon Coolscan 4000)