Subject: Re: [Leica] A Grudging Concession to Digital, Made With Regret
From: Douglas Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 13:25:22 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

Jonathan Borden <jonathan@openhealth.org> wrote:

> There is no question in my mind that, perhaps unless your name is Ctein,
> for color enlarging, digital far surpasses the conventional chemical
> darkroom.
>
> Now for B/W is this the case? (An honest question). Do folks feel that
> digital surpasses "silver gelatin fiber"?

Jonathan, I like the look of a silver B&W print but I also like the control that PS allows, especially fixing dust & scratches, and the Curves adjustment layers.  While it's not as convenient as printing at home, San Miguel photo lab (www.bestlab.com) can print my digital B&W files on fiber paper.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com