Subject: RE: [Leica] now Lost in Translation
From: Tim Atherton <timatherton@theedge.ca>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 18:37:18 -0700

> I hated it. Every character was shallow and vapid; every motive
> was empty or greedy. And it wasn't even visually pretty. Cf.
> "Girl with a Pearl Earring", which has the same actress.

Isn't it amazing how all this works - I found the characters all very human
and the movie visually enthralling - whereas I found Girl with a Pearl
Earing to be overly sentimental, overly romanticized somewhat shallow eye
candy....

I totally wanted to go and photograph in Japan after seeing Translation :-)

So it goes

tim

Replies: Reply from Matthew Powell <mlpowell@sbcglobal.net> (Re: [Leica] now Lost in Translation)