Subject: Re: [Leica] Can M3 viewfinder blackout be fixed at home?
From: Karen Nakamura <mail@gpsy.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 12:41:03 -0600

>Hi LUGers
>I bumped my M3 coming off subway, viewfinder now black, the center patch is
>there, but rangefinder focus impossible, something blocking seeing thru.

One of the optics in the finder most probably came loose. It should
be a simple repair by a technician, less than a $100. If you actually
delaminated something it could be around $150-200.  If you dented the
M3, more.  Sherry Kraueter or DAG should be able to do a good job on
it.

I wouldn't recommend doing it yourself. Just the tools to open up an
M camera costs $200 and you risk ruining it completely.

Karen
- --
Karen Nakamura