Subject: [Leica] RE: Embedded Brit journalists will receive Iraq Campaign medal
From: Tim Atherton <timatherton@theedge.ca>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 16:57:39 -0700

> Is there any previous war time situations where media received a medal for
> doing their job?
>
> ted

I seem to have a memory that Commonwealth WWII war correspondents got
campaign medals? (not sure about US) As well as military gallantry medals?

Joseph Galloway of UPI (We Were Soldiers Once and Young) got the Bronze Star
for bravery in Vietnam

I'll have to check my copy of The First Casualty and see if it mentions it.

Marc, this is your territory...?

tim