Subject: Re: [Leica] Reasons to use film
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 08:20:27 -0800

B. D. said:
> It is truly astounding...And what is most astounding is the
> idea not that Ted's talent was carried unto the next
> generation, but that the "next generation" has more than 30 > years
experience....;-)<<

Hi B. D.
Yep true! When he shot his first pro-football game at age 12, one roll of 36
exp B&W that's all I gave him, we sold 8 first class peak action
photographs. And his career was launched as he never wanted to do anything
else.

He's shot assignments around the world and last year after a major skating
event, before he switched to digital, Sports Illustrated called and asked if
he'd shot film because their guys shot "only digital!" And they couldn't get
a quality reproduction for a poster. When he said yes they paid him
handsomely for his shot. :-) And that's one of many they've purchased.

Yep it's a great feeling when yer son out shoots you on any given sport
assignment. :-) Damn he's good! :-) The really nice thing is when I praise
him his response is , "Well where do you think I learned it!" And gives me a
nudge. :-) Love that kid.
ted