Subject: Re: [Leica] scanning dark scala question/Nikon 5000
From: Dan C <leicaman@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 16:55:47 -0500

Don't forget the useful dust-remover tool from Polaroid.   It works either
as a standalone program, or as a plugin for Photoshop (I've used it in
versions 6 and 7; don't know about the rest).  It has several parameters
which can be adjusted; when done properly it does a remarkbly good job of
getting rid of dust.

When used as a plugin, I find the best way is to select those areas of the
print where you don't want the plugin to work (specular highlights, for
example) before applying.  I *think* this is possible with the standalone
as well as I seem to recall something about masks when using the standalone
version.

I always have problems finding the link from their site.  Try
http://www.polaroid.com/service/software/poladsr/poladsr.html.

And it's free!

- -dan c.