Subject: RE: [Leica] OT...But camera related..
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 08:27:37 -0500

Another 0.02 from Atlanta,
More and more of the modestly upscale wedding photographers are shooting
all digital, will produce a short book for the bride and drop off two to
ten CD's of the wedding for $3000-$5000.  Talking to them I get the
feeling that the album will disappear real soon.  The selling point is
that they are there all day, cover just about everything (assistants are
taking pictures as well) and that the bride is in complete control of
the pictures.  It appears that the wedding party's are accepting this
major PIA as a wonderful freedom.

So, the guys on the bottom end are still providing an album and selling
negatives or CD's; the upper end guys are mostly digital but still
provide a brides book and a smaller book(s) for the family but in the
middle the wedding album is disappearing.

I believe that getting out of printing will make the wedding business
fun again.  We can all thank Dennis Reggae for the journalistic approach
becoming mainstream.  The pre and post ceremony can be amazingly good
times when you are behind the camera and have adequate resources.  There
is also the added benefit of a whole new group of wedding participants
now coming along on the coasts of the U.S.  I have never done a gay
wedding but I bet they know how to have a good time which translates
into very rich images.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com