Subject: RE: [Leica] WTT: 35mm f1.4 ASPH MINT for 75mm f1.4 MINT
From: "Phong" <phong@doan-ltd.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 11:52:33 -0500

B. D. Colen wrote:
> ... My problem is that the focal length is just plain weird - it's
> not a 50, and it's not a 90. When you want to use it like a 50, it
> just gives you a bit too much magnification; when you want to pull
> a subject closer, it doesn't pull it close enough.

On the contrary, I find the 75mm the perfect companion for
the 35mm for a 2-lens outfit, or 3-lens if you add the 24mm.
It's perfect for when you're using the 35mm primarily, but
every so often need to zoom in for a head-and-shoulder
portrait shot;  with the 90mm, you'd need to take a big
step back.

Just do not pack the 75mm and the 50mm together, and you should
be fine;  heck, I don;t even store them in the same bag.   :-)
I do not question your getting the 75mm; I question your
trading the 35mm Summilux Asph for it.  I think you're crazy, Vick.
;-)

And watch that frameline.

- - Phong