Subject: Re: [Leica] Aaron's PAW Week 7
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 15:32:17 -0800

Aaron Sandler showed:
Subject: [Leica] Aaron's PAW Week 7

> OK, so this one wasn't shot this week...or even this month...or even in
> 2004...but I finally found the time to develop a couple of rolls of TriX
> from a trip to New Orleans in November, so that's what you get this time
> around.
>
> I know the blown highlights on the glass at the tops of the doors are a
> no-no, but somehow they seem to balance the shot for me.
>
> http://www.duke.edu/~ajs2/PAW/2004_07/index.html<<<

Hi Aaron,

Best bet? Forget this one and use "Freshly washed side walk!" It's a much
better picture lighting and compositionally compared to the guy and his
shadow. And "Freshly" is the only one that stops your eye dead in it's
tracks due to the light, water and reflections.

The guy and shadow is way to confusing because your eye goes all over the
place looking for a place to stop and make something out of the picture.
It's one of those unfortunate see something shoot quick and it doesn't cut
it in the end. And when you start trying to crop here there and every where
to get something out of it, you know what? That means there's nothing there.
Sorry mate but that's life. File 13!

Now "Freshly washed side walk?"  That's a whole new ball game with nothing
much to do but print it. ;-) Good one. I was going to say it would've been
nice to have a human walking in the back ground framed through the posts,
but no need as the picture stands on it's own as is. Good on you.

ted

Replies: Reply from Jim Laurel <jplaurel@nwlink.com> ([Leica] Jim Laurel's Laos and Vietnam)
Reply from Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net> (Re: [Leica] Jim Laurel's Laos and Vietnam)
Message from Aaron Sandler <aaron.sandler@duke.edu> ([Leica] Aaron's PAW Week 7)