Subject: RE: [Leica] Adam's 2004 PAW
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 20:36:03 -0800

Thanks Don for observing:

> Adam, For your failure:
> http://www.splitsecondfilms.com/2004-MandM/NeoP1600-10-R7-failure.jpg
>
> did you try reversing the pose so that the man was on the window side
> still behind the woman allowing you to rotate the couple a little more
> into the light?  Also, tipping the woman and man together instead of
> the woman's head tilting away from the man.  Last, focus on the woman's
> eyes instead of the man's behind.  Last to your specific point, if you
> had a tripod then you could have dropped down an aperture or so and
> held both in focus.
>
> The images obviously were an effective session for you.  Good
> work...Don

I should have experimented more to get the focal plane right - but the sofa they
were on was HEAVY. I will have to learn to take the more forward focus plane. I
wasn't aware that depth of field was greater behind the focal plane than in
front! (thanks to that discussion raging in another part of the list)

I wanted to add one other image that I discovered today while working through
all the film. It's TriX at 1600 in XTOL and is by far my favorite.

<http://www.splitsecondfilms.com/2004-MandM/TriX160-30-R3-Mall-crp-crv-shrp-spt.
jpg>

Until recently I've never been a fan of film grain, and wanted to do anything I
could to eliminate it. But, like dissonance in music, I am finding it more and
more attractive in portraiture - 'cause it sure isn't digital I guess.

Thanks!

Adam