Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 7: Repost with links that work
From: Nathan Wajsman <n.wajsman@chello.nl>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 08:24:18 +0100

I am reposting this with new links pointing to my new hosting provider,
since Dot5Hosting has informed me that their server has now crashed and
is being replaced.

On Monday morning, I flew from Madrid to Seville. On the plane with me
were the players and coaches from one of the two Primera Liga teams in
Seville, Real Betis, who were on their way home after an away game in
Santander in the north of Spain. It was an ordinary league game, which
Betis had won. In Spain, there is enormous media attention on football
(soccer) players; not only the big teams like Real Madrid, but also
middling ones like Real Betis. When we arrived in Seville, all the local
media--radio, TV, newspapers--seemed to be there and immediately pounced
on the players in the baggage claim area. I was there with my little CL.

Here are two of the players coming into the baggage hall, with a
photographer at the ready:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_7.jpg

Another player being interviewed:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_7alt1.jpg

This player did not actually seem to mind the attention and was quite
cooperative with the press:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_7alt2.jpg

But these two guys look decidedly bored and miserable:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_7alt3.jpg

Not many film cameras in evidence, this guy is checking his images:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_7alt4.jpg

All the above pictures with Leica CL, 40mm Rokkor, on Ilford Delta 400.

You may recall that last week I asked about using a 21mm Voigtlander on
the CL. Stephen Gandy assured me that it would work, and the last
alternate is proof that it does (including the metering). A group of
young people are hanging out in the evening under the Puente de Triana:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_7alt5.jpg

The complete PAW index is at:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/indexpaw2004.html
and comments/critique are always welcome and appreciated.

Nathan
- --
Nathan Wajsman
Almere, The Netherlands