Subject: Re: [Leica] Visoflex & Bellows
From: Marc James Small <msmall@infionline.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 20:43:38 -0500

At 03:43 PM 2/14/04 -0500, you wrote:

>I have a Visoflex II and Bellows III. (They are gorgeous, by the way,
>wonderful craftsmanship, soooo smooooth...)

I presume that you mean a Visoflex II and a Bellows II, as Leitz never made
a Bellows III.

There are a variety of front plates for the Bellows II.  These allow the
use of lenses ranging from the 12mm Photar to the 40cm Telyt.  Diagrams
showing these combinations are available both on Eriwn Puts' Leica CD-ROM
or in most of the standard Leica references (especailly in THE LEICA
ACCESSORY GUIDE and the LECIA COLLECTORS GUIDE).

The Visoflex itself is quite utile with the 3.5/65 Elmar and this should be
adequate for almost all purposes.  This would probably be the ideal choice
for your butterfly-wing project.

If you desire higher magnification, then I would recommend either a 2/90,
2.8/90, 4/90, 2.8/135, or 4/135 lenshead with the appropriate adapter.  I
normally use a 4/90 Elmar lens-head but I have a bunch of other choices (I
have a grand collection of macro lenses ranging from the 16mm Zeiss Luminar
to the 12cm Leitz Photar).

Leitz made something on the order of 1,000 adapters for the PLOOT/Visoflex
and for the various Bellows versions, so, yes, it DOES get confusing.

Marc

msmall@infionline.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!