Subject: Re: [Leica] Digital Bessa RF
From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 17:37:46 +0100 (MET)

> one, and getting wet pants with excitement. The comments could be
> re-screened to show what happens when folks get critical too soon before
> they've even handled one. ;-)

Now that would be mean, Ted :)

> And as we've seen in the past and yes the present, each time there's an
> equipment announcement there are 8.5 million comments before anyone has
> actually seen one in real life, let alone one in hand. So a play back could
> be interesting in evaluating the critical mass of pros & cons whatever by
> the crew. ;-)

The funny part about it, a lot of us really don't even care about
equipment. Most things work so well today that equipment is rarely going
to be a deciding factor in most situations.

Granted, Doug squeezes out exactly what he wants from his. He's not
governed by it, he utilizes it to the max and I expect that the Leica
glass is part of the trademark of quality he wants to be recognized by.
Still, if you gave him another camera he'd still be leaving me in the
tracks even if I had an SL.

But then there's the irrational side: I like Leicas :)

One thing about the current discussion ... and I really appreciate that,
is that the participants are keeping the subject lines on track. It makes
it easy to navigate.

Take care!
Daniel

Message from Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no> (RE: [Leica] Digital Bessa RF)