Subject: [Leica] another 35mm rangefinder
From: "Neal Friedenthal" <neal@nairobisafari.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 09:10:47 -0500

While I'm still playing with my Kiev 35's I picked up another 35 rangefinder off of ebay.  German made it is a very compact, fully manual camera with a fine f2 Xenon lens, and a very familiar name Kodak.
The Kodak Retina IIa.

http://photoneal.com/photos/misc/tn/IIa1a.jpg.html

http://photoneal.com/photos/misc/tn/IIa2a.jpg.html

http://photoneal.com/photos/misc/tn/IIa5a.jpg.html

The results from this little camera with its Schneider lens are remarkable. This little folder is convenient, small, has no electronics or selenium cell meter, and can easily be stored in the glove box or
cubby box of a car. All in all a great little stash camera which can be gotten usually for a bit less than $100.

Neal F