Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Digital M
From: Dan C <leicaman@sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 16:47:28 -0500

Don't get me wrong.   I have bags full of Leica (9) and Minolta (7) lenses
which are waiting for digital bodies to attach themselves to.  Konica
Minolta is lifting a news embargo tomorrow concerning what many people are
suspecting will be a DSLR prototype, and if so, then 1/2 my lenses will
soon be very happy campers.  But 6mp almost full frame sensors have been
the status quo for a couple of years, and I suspect that affordable 8 or
higher chips will be appearing in cameras very soon (an 8mp chip is in
Canon's latest offering but is still too costly for me).   Yes, there are
diminishing returns in chip sizes, but I believe that 6mp haven't quite
reached the limit yet.

- -dan c.

Message from leicaman@sympatico.ca (Re: Re: [Leica] Re: Digital M)