Subject: Re: [Leica] Kodak 15 minute photo finishing
From: Jim Hemenway <Jim@hemenway.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 12:19:11 -0500

http://www.boston.com/business/technology/articles/2004/02/09/kodak_rolling_out_photo_processing_kiosks/

Some quotes:

"It is very easy to believe that this could change the trajectory in the
decline of film," said Kent McNeley, general manager of Kodak's consumer
output operations."  (Note: I think that this man is in a state of denial)

"Everything that's happening in the photo industry is threatening the
one-hour photo shops," conceded Marc Salzman, owner of Wink 1-Hour Photo
& Digital in Pittsford, N.Y. Kodak is hoping the film kiosk's relatively
low price tag -- $30,000 to $40,000 -- will lure retailers who might
balk at installing a digital minilab, which can cost anywhere from
$100,000 to $150,000."

Unless the CD deliverable includes high resolution files, then I would
want my negatives for the reasons given below by BD.

Jim - http://www.hemenway.com