Subject: RE: [Leica] Kodak 15 minute photo finishing
From: "Phong" <phong@doan-ltd.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 11:44:13 -0500

Tim Atherton wrote:
> $14.00 or $4.00?

$4.00 film per roll + $0.29 per print = $14 more or less

> It's budget digital for the person who is still stuck with
> a low end P&S rather than a low end digital P&S

Yes.  I believe that many consumers could well benefit from this
(I personally know 2 :-)); the only (still very major) benefit
they lose to digital is the instant preview.  But Kodak needs
to market this right; they need to mount a massive ad campaign
so that Joe consumer who shoots less than 10 rolls a year
does not fall into the lure of digital.  Kodak is a bit late
into this, but there's still a chance.

For me personally, this is non-news.  (So why the heck do I even
comment on it ?).  Gotta go.  Cheers,

- - Phong