Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Digital M
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 08:42:57 -0800

I agree with BD.... It is ONLY a camera.  If Leica goes away tomorrow, there
are enough cameras and especially lenses around to last me a lifetime.
Seems harsh?  Well, they supply a good product.  It is something I enjoy
using.  But I bought it.  I own it.  I do not owe Leica anything, anymore.
I already paid for the products I own.

Do I want Leica to go down the tubes?  No.  Can I do anything about it in a
real and meaningful way?  No.  Buying 1 camera or 1 lens once in a while,
New, would make a tiny difference, not enough to keep them in business for
another hour.

I suggested several years ago that the future of Leica is in adapting their
glass to others' camera bodies.  I also suggested getting some other company
like Fujica to make a digital body to hold their glass.  I have never
supported the idea of Leica developing their own digital development.   They
have neither the staffing nor the development budget.   They have not
adopted that thinking.

Outsourcing is their salvation.  Capitalizing on their glass is their
salvation.  There is no other place to hide. IM (not so)HO.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from RUBEN BLĘDEL <ruben@rhodos.dk> (Re: [Leica] Re: Digital M)
Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] Re: Digital M)