Subject: Re: [Leica] Digital M - was Leica to Restructure, Cut Staff
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 19:30:39 -0800

On 2/7/04 9:46 AM, "Henning Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com> wrote:

> At 9:37 AM -0700 2/7/04, gregj.lorenzo@shaw.ca wrote:
>> From Yahoo Finance: http://biz.yahoo.com/djus/040206/1343000667_1.html
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Greg
>
> Well, if Leica can pull this off, I would be delighted! (If I could
> afford it, carry it, if it had a large enough sensor, etc.....)

This is THE big news as in T.H.E. Big news.
To be obnoxious with a big fat "I told you so" but check the archives and
I've been a diehard  believer that Leica would figure this out Sooner or
later with an emphasis on the sooner.

It's just digital technology thatıs all. There's very little work being done
in it and they're not progressing very fast.

The last two months with the introduction of the 10.5 Nikon
fisheye/non-fisheye I thought perhaps they'd figure it out in software. But
no they did have to just come up with little grabbers with better peripheral
vision. Plan A.
To all those who sold your Leica M glass because you were having too much
fun with your inkjet and had not confidence in Leica I say...."something
obnoxious".
To BD or whoever it was so said last week somebody was going to make a bad
investment buying a new cutting edge Leica 90 I say: "phooey on you ha ha
ha".

The next very very big news I expect imminently is an affordable medium
format back which would fit normal hasselblads or at least an ELD. I fully
expect this to happen in the next 18 months. Maybe 12.
And with all this exquisite Zeiss for Hasselblad glass being sold for chump
change its going to be beneficial for those who are in on this prediction.
And if we are right. Which we will be.

And I'm slightly glad my investment in my Hasselblad system went through the
floor as as I'd never sell it I still bought it with the idea that it was a
sound financial investment.

Ha Ha to those who lemming-like sold their Hasselblads for more memory or
anti vibration zoom lenses for their DSLR's.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland, Oregon
http://rabinergroup.com/Catagorypages/PersonalWork.html