Subject: Re: [Leica] Just had to share
From: "Gerry Walden" <gwpics@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 17:40:00 +0000

The crazy thing is that it is a test of consistent quality rather than
good quality which means that you can get it if you consistently produce
100% crap but that crap maintains a 100% low record. If you started to
improve, you could lose your ISO rating and have to reapply!

Gerry

Slobodan Dimitrov wrote:

 > That's what I thought. Sounds like a good vehicle to build customer
 > confidence to me.
 > On the other hand, what if it's used to give a factory manager 15
 > years of
 > hard labor should they lose an account?
 > S. Dimitrov
 >

 > > From: "Gerry Walden" <gwpics@aol.com>
 > > Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 08:57:44 +0000
 > > To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
 > > Subject: Re: [Leica] Just had to share
 > >
 > > Slobodan
 > >
 > > ISO 9000 is a European standard of consistent traceable performance.
 > If,
 > > for example, you produce widgits and 97% of your widgets are 100%
 > > correct then you would have systems in place to ensure that standard is
 > > maintained and if things went wrong then you would be able to trace
 > > where before anything left your factory.
 > >
 > > This is no use at all in photography and is something I did in a
 > > 'previous' life, but some major companies in the UK will only contract
 > > to ISO 9000 standard providers and therefore in the construction
 > > industry the comment on that page of my web site just may make somebody
 > > book me over another photographer.
 > >
 > > I am sure you know what marketing is about - being able to bullshit
 > > better than the next guy!
 > >
 > > Gerry.

Gerry Walden LRPS
www.gwpics.com