Subject: Re: [Leica] Just had to share
From: "Gerry Walden" <gwpics@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 08:57:44 +0000

Slobodan

ISO 9000 is a European standard of consistent traceable performance. If,
for example, you produce widgits and 97% of your widgets are 100%
correct then you would have systems in place to ensure that standard is
maintained and if things went wrong then you would be able to trace
where before anything left your factory.

This is no use at all in photography and is something I did in a
'previous' life, but some major companies in the UK will only contract
to ISO 9000 standard providers and therefore in the construction
industry the comment on that page of my web site just may make somebody
book me over another photographer.

I am sure you know what marketing is about - being able to bullshit
better than the next guy!

Gerry.