Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Digiluxi now third partner
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 08:00:23 -0500

Sonny,
I wasn't being coy, I just didn't want to start some long thread with no
content.  However, if anyone has more specific information then all of
us on the list would appreciate a digital lifeline possibility.

The specifics to the rumor included a mount backward compatible to R cam
lenses, non full frame 10 MP CMOS chip, Motorola A/D chipset rather than
the more desirable TI configuration.  Specific problems were power drain
(no surprise with Minolta digital) and very large size.

I for one have very mixed feelings for Minolta partnerships as that
period with Leica almost destroyed the company.  Whether it was the
times, management, the partnership, or just the world moving on not much
good came out of Leica in that period.  Well, maybe the Noctilux. :)

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com