Subject: [Leica] Help with Apo lens
From: sventbh <sventbh@the-game-factory.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 23:31:30 +0200

Dear all,

As the Digi back is on itıs way and I have a R9, I look forward to start
using my equipment even more.

Till today the glass I use are up to 180 MM (an old Canadian APO) which I am
very happy with. But like stated before I want to start using more of my
equipment for both nature and sports photography so I have decided to buy a
serious (second hand) tele lens. I have read many archived articles (got
confused many times because of the many different opinions...;-). So my
thought is the following. I can buy the following lenses.

Leica  APO-Telyt-R 280 mm / 2.8 or a Leica APO-Telyt-R 280 mm / 2.8 Module
System. Both are used and the price diffrence is 50 percent. Yes I would
like to go further, 560 MM would be great as well. Esspecially for my
windsurfing photography.

A friend of mine suggested the first one (he is a professional photographer)
because both should be very good and should fullfil my needs big time. The
Module system is ROM equiped, the first one not. Is that a major obstacle?

Thanks for your time.

Sven

Replies: Reply from John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] Help with Apo lens)