Subject: Re: RE:[Leica] Leica R lens question
From: Douglas Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 11:01:21 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

<Teresa299@aol.com> wrote:

> ... artists in other realms might use acrylic or other oil or encaustic, the choice of lens can make
> a difference.  a fascinating subject, with great composition might look different as shot with a
> noctilux vs. a pinhole.  I wasn't asking the question about toys, or what alligator treatment I
> should cover my camera with, it was asking those who see a difference in a painters palette,
> what their observations were.

Kim, for reasons I'm not sure I can pin down, the pre-APO 90mm Summicron-R is a lens I can't let go of even though I also have the superb 100mm APO in my toy box.  Maybe it's because I've used it most on my kids (and now, grandson) that I have an emotional attachment to it.

OTOH the creamy bokeh and rich colors and something else make the 90's images pop out at me.  Shortly after purchasing the 100 APO I wondered out loud on another list whether since I now have the 100, I ought to trade the 90 'cron for the 80 'lux - a real speed lens.  I was deluged with "you'll regret it" responses.  It stays.

http://www.wildlightphoto.com/leica/90R20.HTM

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com