Subject: Re: [Leica] Anomalous Partial Dispersion
From: grduprey@rockwellcollins.com
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 08:12:32 -0600

It means the optics are going to be exceptionally excellent. Or, One Killer
of a Lens.

Gene

                      John Collier
                      <jbcollier@shaw.ca>                 To:       leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
                      Sent by:                            cc:
                      owner-leica-users@mejac.palo        Subject:  Re: [Leica] Anomalous Partial Dispersion
                      -alto.ca.us

                      02/03/2004 05:39 PM
                      Please respond to
                      leica-users

 From the Tamron site:

> <What is (Anomalous Dispersion)
>
> Anomalous Dispersion glass is a type of optical glass material that
> delivers an abnormally larger partial dispersion ratio (amount of
> dispersion at a given wavelength area within visible light range)
> relative to a specific wavelength zone. Combined use of AD glass with
> other optical glass material(s) of different dispersion
> characteristics serves the purpose of optimizing the dispersion
> character of an optical system at a specific wavelength. Thus, it
> helps to compensate for on-axis chromatic aberration on telephoto
> lenses, or for lateral chromatic aberration on wideangle lenses.

I still don't know what it means though...

John Collier