Subject: RE: [Leica] digital in low light
From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 22:46:41 +0100 (MET)

> to digital, after swearing they never would. And, two, most people on
> this list have been on it for more than 30 days, and after that
> time,what is there to talk about in terms of Leica rangefinders

I hear the M6 rangefinder flares. Is that true?

:)

Daniel

> we're talking about collection and snookies and nookies and the like?

Hey! Don't knock nookie!

A lot of us take pictures. Some of us got in over our heads and have to
make money to keep doing that. We take pictures, snaps. Personally, I
think it's a nice time for photographers. There's a lot of options out
there now. Digital costs (but pays for itself lickity-split) and there's a
lot of nice traditional stuff available cheap because it's being dumped.

Now don't get out your credit cards, but Leica stuff is being dumped in
Oslo. They've lowered their prices 25-30% and they have no intention of
restocking. (Scandinavia is expensive anyway, that's why you can keep your
credit cards stuffed away).

The LUG is not the only place digital is making inroads.

Daniel