Subject: [Leica] Re: Film died for me this week
From: Bill Lawlor <wvl@infinex.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 13:40:49 -0800

I was very impressed too when I tested a Canon 300D. Mine had an expensive
pro L lens that really performed. I took some tiffs home on a CD and put
them into PS enlarged to 16X24. They were great, better than film at that
point, but I still felt uneasy about them. I printed the images and lived
with them for a while. My son pointed out the obvious , "they look like
they were made by a computer". He's right, no grain, high sharpening
artifacts, a different feel to them compared to E-6. For me, film is my
medium for a while longer.

Bill Lawlor