Subject: Re: [Leica] digital in low light
From: Steven Alexander <alexpix@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 10:05:13 -0500

I have been reading this thread and two things seem to jump out at me.
First all you Noctilux folks and other fast prime lens Leica folks have not
yet mentioned the fact that with a prime Nikon f1.4 28mm on my D100 or the
other 1.4/1.8 primes I can match your film 400-1600 with the same quality
end produce.  If I'm using a digital P&S or zoom on a DSLR with a 2.8 or 4.9
of course I would be at a disadvantage.  The second thing is that the
instant feed back allows far more accuracy in achieving low light results in
either color or B&W.

The noise produced in digital reminds me of the grain in any 1600/3200 film.

Happy snaps,

Steven

Replies: Reply from Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com> (Re: [Leica] digital in low light)
Reply from Jeffery Smith <jls@runbox.com> (Re: [Leica] digital in low light)