Subject: Re: [Leica] The Future of the Film-Based Equipment Shop
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 22:49:47 -0800

I disagree, any more than jumping into silver-based film hardly suffers
from a lack of knowledge of how Albumen or Daguerrotypes work. What is
more important is that people understand the history of photography in
terms of images, not processes. A slavish obsession with the latter is
more likely to yield mediocre work than the former, although in some
cases, there's no hope either way.

Eric
Carlsbad, CA

http://www.jphotog.com

"Clichés are like analogies. At the end of the day, you're just beating
a dead horse"