Subject: Re: [Leica] MP vs. M7
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2004 06:59:20 -0800

Emanuel Lowi offered:
>I couldn't make up my mind between them, so I'm going to get one of
>each: .72 M7, .85 MP. The days of my old Leicas are numbered.<<<<<<

Frank Dernie replied:

> Now -that- is the sort of decision making process I can relate to!<<<<

Hi Frank,

That Emanuel is my kinda guy alright! :-) I mean why screw around attempting
to find an answer... just get 'em, decison made and cameras in hand. Sort it
out later.

My re-action similar to Emanuel's re-action was in January '03 when we were
about to have a long discussion which viewfinder would serve me best? .58,
72, or .85 on 3 new M7's about to be purchased.

Hell get one of each and worry about it if there's anything to worry about.
And if they don't help sell them! Clean quick response to a question! :-)
They all helped speed up the shooting process so we kept and used them all!
:-)

And given I'd worked with .72's for years and years having the three
different viewfinders became a God send for quicker re-action to fleeting
moments.

I like quick clean decisive answers without a lot of mamby pamby discussions
and mind wracking over any subject. Because the longer you flog a question
back and forth for answers the chances are the more it'll get screwed-up in
the end. ;-)
ted